O.K. Buster (OKバスター) is a series of Breakout puzzle video games created by Sony. Burst Arts has owned the franchise since 2002, with most releases after 2004 being handled by them. Since then, the series became one of Burst Arts' top favorites.
The objective of the game is to defeat all opponents in a battle by clearing a swarm of bricks with the use of Orb Krushers, or OKs for short. The OKs are spherical creatures who, in most variations of the game, start at a miniature ship named the Buster. The player can launch the OKs from the Buster at the bricks. The OKs will travel across the screen, bouncing off the top and side walls of the screen. When a brick is hit, the OK bounces away and the brick is destroyed. The OKs will disappear after a minute and the Buster will have to recharge if it shot an excessive amount of OKs. Momentarily, the bricks may reform and if the timer is set to 0, the player loses. But if the player manages to clear all of the bricks without having a few of them rebuild themselves, the player wins.
Starting with O.K. Buster II, the series introduced different variations within the field (steel bricks, enemies), as well as power-ups that will enhance the Buster. At that point, the series began to introduce different aspects to the gameplay, such as enemies disguised as bricks, Warp Gates, bosses, a Custom Mode where players can create their own field, and a Frenzy Mode.
List of gamesEdit
- O.K. Buster (1995) (Sony PlayStation)
- O.K. Buster II (1997) (Sony PlayStation)
- O.K. Buster Mega (1998) (Sony PlayStation)
- O.K. Buster 4ce (1999) (Sony PlayStation)
- O.K. Buster World (2001) (Sony PlayStation)
Burst Arts-developed gamesEdit
- O.K. Buster Almighty (2002) (Game Boy Advance)
- O.K. Buster Frenzy (2004) (Sony PlayStation 2, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox, Nintendo DS, Sony PlayStation Portable)
- O.K. Buster 10th Anniversary (2005) (Nintendo DS, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable)
- O.K. Buster Frenzy 2 (2006) (Nintendo DS, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Nintendo Wii)
- Super Coliseum P.R.O (2006; Arcade, PlayStation 2, Xbox, Nintendo GameCube)
- O.K. Buster 7 (2008) (Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, PlayStation 3)
- O.K. Buster 15th Anniversary (2010) (Nintendo DS, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Nintendo Wii)
- O.K. Buster Heroes (2011) (iOS, Android, Arcade (2012))
- O.K. Buster X Puzzle Bobble (2013) (Nintendo 3DS)
- O.K. Buster Chronicle (2015) (PlayStation Vita, Nintendo 3DS)
- O.K. Buster Chronicle 2 (2016) (Nintendo Wii U, PlayStation 4)
- O.K. Buster Rainbows (2017) (Nintendo Switch, Xbox One)